Why a “Butterfly List”?
A Butterfly List is things You want to do while you’re ALIVE that will:
• Inspire You!
• Push you to Achieve!
• Be Remembered and Cherished!
• Make you Grow as a Person!
• Teach you Something NEW!
• Lift Someone Else UP!
• Benefit Someone Else!
• Bring a Smile to Your Face or Someone Else’s!
• Lighten Someone Else’s Burden
Why did I choose a Butterfly to represent my List?Because a Butterfly represents:
• Change -- going from a Caterpillar to a Butterfly
• Freedom -- being able to Fly!
• Winning – the struggle to escape the cocoon!
• Stages – egg, caterpillar, cocoon, and butterfly
• Calmness / Serenity
• Luck - some people say if a butterfly lands on you, it represents good luck – not
sure I buy into that – I believe we create our lives. The more focused I work, the luckier I am. But I still enjoy it
when they land on me!
So how can you use Hypnosis to help you create your Butterfly List?Use DayDreaming – also knowns as Self Hypnosis
to see / feel yourself doing those things on your list. Something that’s really important to you, should
be thought of daily.
The more times you DayDream about it, the more you begin to think about how to turn
the DayDream into an accomplished goal.
And then you can mark that off your Butterfly List and move onto another thing you want to do.
My Butterfly List includes a trip to Muir Woods to walk among the huge old trees that have been around hundreds of years.
And also on my list is a Hot Air Balloon ride! And you know what? I Daydream about those
things and if they’re not done by the time you’ve read this, they will be soon. I’m already
this Irish Blessing with me:
"May the wings of the butterfly kiss
and find your shoulder to light on
to bring you luck, happiness and riches
today, tomorrow and beyond."
Now, how about you? What’s on your
Butterfly List? Would Hypnosis help you achieve that list? Without a doubt!
holding you back? Fear, worry, stress, doubt, lack of Self Confidence? These are common problems Hypnotists help people with.
We help everyday people with everyday problems.
Now, just for fun, here are some interesting facts about Butterflies:
• The study of Butterflies is called Lepidopterology.
• Butterflies are part of the animal kingdom and are an order of
name of the order for butterflies and moths is Lepidoptera.
• The term derives from the Greek for scale and wing, because their wings are covered with
thousands of overlapping scales.
• There are about 170,000 species, but only one-tenth are butterflies; the rest are moths. Butterflies
have knobbed antennae, while moths have pointed, often feathery, ones. • They go through 4 stages: egg, larva, pupa or chrysalis, adult.
• They sip nectar through their proboscis which is coiled under in a spiral when not used
A friend of mine used to tell me that the word butterfly was
invented by William Shakespeare when he reversed the usual word “flutterby”. But that’s not true because
according the Oxford English Dictionary of Old English, the original word was “botter-fleoge”.
And here’s one of my favorite quotes from Jack Nicholson --
is the one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.”
line from the film “Anger Management”